Monday, April 14, 2008

Week 7: Tagging, folksonomies, del.icio.us and LibraryThing

Discover 1


http://del.icio.us/just_4_fun


I think I quite like the idea of you make up tags when you need them and you can use as many as you like. This way our library could do exactly the same as Sutherland Shire Libraries tag cloud and Cleveland Public Library’s tags The only difference is how we might use it and who are our targeted users.

Discover 2

I have tried keyword search of bookmobile in Technorati. My discovery is I got more hits with advanced search. I also tried the keyword search of nswpln2008 and was at beginning puzzled with completely no hits at all. Untill I read another fellow blogger's blog I realzied no posts, no blogs and no videos don't necessarily mean no photos. We were all tricked by Technorati. Lesson learnt. Haaa...

Discover 3

Isn't Librarything really something? It would work perfectly for staff who does Book Club in the library. It will help them pick titles for the reading group easily. And one thing worth to mention is to join up them is so easy. Gone the usual many blanks to be filled in and loads of questions to be answered. Instead just an account name and password you decided and that's all. I give it a thumbs-up! It truly makes no sense to complicate things if it's not necessary.

http://www.librarything.com/catalog/just_4_fun






No comments: